Tabs

2.02.2012

Back at it.

While I was training the last few weeks for the marathon the mileage got pretty high up there and I was in no mood to do it on a treadmill.....so, I stopped going to my school district's fitness center to work out. Instead, I would run outside, or if I was working too late with clients I would hit up my own treadmill at home. So, sadly, I have not been to the gym for a couple of months now. But- now that I am no longer training for a marathon, and almost totally sick of running on a schedule, I was back at the gym this week. I have done two boot camps this week so far, and although I am walking a little funny from all those jumps and suicides and up-downs, I am SO happy I went back.



Yesterday, my friend Jackie went with me, and we laughed throughout the entire session. I am sure the instructor wasn't loving the extra chatter, but it made the class go by so fast! And both times I went this week I got to see a friend and coworker who is recovering from a devastating car accident, also working out. If he can drag himself on crutches to the gym with a shattered pelvis, shredded intestine, and a rod in his leg, I can certainly suck it up and jump a little higher, squat a little lower, and lift a little heavier. Besides, Cabo is in less than 3 weeks!! Holllaaaaa!

No comments:

Post a Comment