Tabs

1.03.2012

20.

I ran twenty miles yesterday. Well, I ran 10, then stopped for jelly beans at home, and because of the wind practically pushing me backwards I hopped on my treadmill and ran 7 more. Then I hit a wall and wanted to quit, so I went back outside and ran 3 more. So, I ran 20. It was not pretty. It took forever. It was the hardest thing I have done in a long time, and I am still wondering how I will get through those last 6.2. But- my friend Ann will be there cheering me on at mile 13, and again when I come out of the loop at 19+, and I may just pull her along for the last 6.2 with me. We shall see... but until then I am going to enjoy these last two taper weeks, eat really well, drink a ton of water and pray. Please pray for me, too. There is a reason people run half marathons, I have discovered: full marathons are freaking hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment