Tabs

1.13.2012

Here We Go.

So, the time has finally come. This weekend has been planned for months. This Sunday, I will give birth to my marathon baby. After my 20 miler a couple weeks ago, if you would have asked me if I am ready, I would have said "no way". If anyone brought the subject of the marathon up to me, I immediately felt vomit creeping up my esophagus. But- talking to friends, collaborating with my race partner, planning with my spectators and cheerleaders have changed things.


About four or five days ago a wave of calm washed over me, and hasn't faded. I am ready as I will ever be. I am going to try and have as much fun as I possibly can, take it slow, stop to kiss my friends and family at every spot they are waiting for me, and just finish. I will also try to remember that every step I take is one step closer to being done. I can do this- and I will, and I am ready. I will cross that finish line holding hands with a new friend, whom will undoubtedly become a close friend after tackling our first full Marys together, and I will jump into my husband's waiting arms. It is going to be a great day.

I am also looking forward to spending a weekend with great friends, and watching our husbands tackle the Tough Mudder. I admit I have no idea what to expect from his 12 mile obstacle course that was designed to train the special forces in England. I think my hubs is nervous, but I know he will do great, and have fun. I will be there to take photos and hydrate and feed him along the way.


I said this marathon will be my last run for a long time, and I plan on not moving for a long time following. So, how did I already commit myself to another race the following weekend? I must be in to some sick sort of self mutilation I was unaware of. Or- I just like having something to look forward to. That must be it. :) Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment