Tabs

8.28.2012

this past weekend...

We headed up to Phoenix, yet again to celebrate some birthdays!!! August is a busy month for birthdays around here: our friends Travis, Joe, and Kevin all have birthdays, as well our next door neighbor Katie. Plus, Rick's sister and Grandfather, as well as my sister in law Carissa, and her son Bladen also have birthdays. Phew!

Friday night we headed up to Phoenix and loaded up at Ikea. I hate going to that place, but we got so many things for the nursery, it was pretty awesome. Then we met Ann and Marcel for dinner (Annie ordered three things, yes three, off the menu and neraly finished it all. She is nothing short of amazing), and went to my parents' house to relive their recent Italian vacation. It was nice to see everyone.

Saturday morning we went to Rick's parents' house where I met up with his Mom and sister for a girls' day of fun to celebrate Samantha's birthday!

First we headed to Drybar. I love love love this place. What an indulgence. They had champagne and mimosas, and I had cucumber water. The deep conditioning treatment and scalp massage were to die for! Here are our before and after pics:


They did an amazing job! Worth every penny! And I am still rockin' my blowout 4 days later.... gotta love thick hair.

After that we went to True Foods for lunch. We all shared the vegetable crudite, artichoke pizza, chicken salad sandwich, and kale salad. It was sooooo good. We finished up the day with some shopping at Giggle, Lululemon, and H & M.

That night we all headed out to Copperblues for dinner, and Lucky Strike for some bowling. They did not have any lanes, so we went to a bar close to home. They drank, we all laughed. It was such a fun day!


The next morning I woke up early to meet a friend from college for breakfast.... it was so nice catching up with Shylah, and she gave me crib bedding and all the baby hangers I could ever need, as well as a learning toy for my little babe. It's amazing how people you haven't see in five years still can be so generous and thoughtful!

After breakfast my brothers and their families came over for a pool party at my parent's to celebrate Carissa and Bladen's birthday. It was fun, albeit short, party but it was nice to get everyone together. I do love those kids. My little niece is so so delicious.


We quickly headed back to Tucson so Rick could do a fantasy football draft. I should hang a sign that says "We interrupt this marriage, to bring you football season". No truer words have ever been spoken.

That night I had a little meltdown trying to pick out my outfit for work the next day. Even the "go to" shirts that I thought would last me my whole pregnancy were not fitting, and I got upset. Rick is always so good at consoling me when I get sad, and he convinced me to go get some new things the next day. I have really only bought a small amount of maternity items, and was determined not to by anything. I think it is such a waste of money, and I really do not like shopping. I am an online girl all the way, but he was right, it was time. And he left me this the next morning: 


My blessings are not lost on me, I assure you. Oh, and I got loads of maternity clothes yesterday, and I am so happy I did...

No comments:

Post a Comment