Tabs

11.21.2011

Road Trip.

This past week my dear friend, Tola, and I traveled to San Diego for the American Speech and Hearing Association convention. It was held at the San Diego Convention center and there were thousands of other Speech Language Pathologists there. I have always wanted to go ever since I was in graduate school, so I jumped at the chance when it was held so close this year!

Tola and I left Wednesday afternoon. The six hour drive wasn't bad, we made good time, and stopped at a gas station with the best candy selection I have ever seen!


We checked in to our hotel, which was right across from the Mission Bay Park, and ate at Fat Fish {formerly Gringo's}. It was happy hour specials so we ate a ton and had two margaritas each for only $24! It is awesome going out during the week!


We went to bed early and got up early to hit the convention. We saw a ton of research posters, booths with awesome products and resources, and even a job recruiter from Maui! Sign. Me. Up!


After we were exhausted from the convention, I did a quick 8 miler around the bay. It was one of the best and fastest runs I have had in a long time. The ocean air and cool temperatures make everything better. Tola went to the beach while I was running, and when I got out of the shower, a delicious caramel brulee latte from Starbucks was waiting for me, with a side of caramel Bailey's. YUM..... that is a good friend!!!


Later, we met up with some of Tola's friends from grad school for happy hour down in the Gaslamp District. I feasted on bar food and Guinness, and cosmopolitans, and got to watch cute Tebow win one for the Broncos.


The next morning we had breakfast at the Broken Yolk on Garnet, I had the chorizo and eggs which was good, but I don't think anywhere compares to Tucson's Mexican food. We also got to visit the beach and so a little shopping before we hit up the convention again.


San Diego was great.. but I was so happy to be home to my sweet husband and our big bed. I even had a lovely welcome home gift waiting for me. I think he missed me. He is the cutest.


The rest of the weekend was spent eating, a Dance, Dance, Revolution dinner party at the neighbors' {SO fun}, a long run, shopping, and buying the awesomest new mattress that was delivered today. I cannot wait to sleep on that thing tonight!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment