Tabs

9.30.2011

Unmotivated.

Well, since being back from my trip, besides the excitement of unpacking all of the things we bought and uploading pictures, I have not been motivated to do anything physical. I am tired, have caught my sweet husband's cold that he had the last two days of our trip, and I am entirely unmotivated to run. I have 3 races coming up and I have no desire to train, I do not want to do them, and I do not want to run.

I know I am exhausted from my trip, and this stuffy, sore throat, and headache doesn't help, but I have no desire right now to lace up my running shoes.... We walked miles and miles on our trip. I ate 3 huge meals a day and drank to my heart's content, I did not run once, and I only gained a half a pound. 10 days of eating until it hurt, and I only gained a half a pound. This is definitely attested to all of the walking. So, I am tired. The thought of getting up and running makes me want to pull the covers over my head and hide. I do not want to read about it, talk about it, think about it, much less actually do it.




So, where does this leave me? It has been over 2 weeks since my last run, and I am 9 days away from a half marathon that I do not feel even remotely ready for. I am 3 weeks from a 27 hour race that I have no desire to do (can't I just ride in the van??), and a full marathon that seems all but impossible. It is so sad because I was doing so well. Before this trip I was running the best times of my running career, feeling good, and was in the best shape of my life.

I am going to try to run on Sunday if I feel better, and see how it goes. I may just get through the race in a month and hang up my running shoes because the feeling of dread I spoke about in my previous post is here, I just don't know quite yet if it is here to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment