Tabs

9.06.2011

Visitors.

I hope everyone had a safe, restful, and fun-filled weekend!! We sure did! We got a lot of shopping done for our upcoming trip to Europe, and I got in a really good 9 miler on Sunday morning. I was really happy, and it was the fastest I have ever run 9 miles, so I am feeling better and better about my upcoming races. I have 10 miler this weekend, so I'll get back to ya on how that one goes!

Some of our nearest and dearest friends, Keith and Katie, came down to visit us, and brought their two beautiful, and super well-behaved children, Lily and Sean. Keith and Rick have been close friends since Rick moved to Phoenix from Cleveland when he was 15, and we love spending time with them every chance we get. They are the most in-love, affectionate, and mutually supportive couple I have ever met, and have been married for 11 years! They are both kind, generous, and so very thoughtful. We are very lucky to have them in our lives.

me and hot mama, Katie

They arrived early Sunday afternoon, and my house was almost instantly over taken by chatter, silly bands, and bionicles. I loved every minute of it.


We tried our best to keep the kiddos occupied in this heat with some Eegee's slushies, a trip to the Pima Air and Space Museum, ice cream, and movies. The museum is super close to our house, and my sweet husband has been wanting to go there ever since we moved into our house, so it was an awesome opportunity and a fun place for the kids to explore. The museum was beautiful, clean, and they allowed you to touch the old aircrafts and even get up inside many of them. There were relics and memorabilia from WW2, and photos and even journal entries from a soldier that was lost in the desert, chronocling his last days. My heart felt heavy reading about all of the fallen soldiers, and the memorial part of the musem was so touching. It really made Rick and I appreciate all those who have served our country, and those who continue to do so. My heart broke for the families of lost loved ones. Being in the service is something I truly admire, and cannot imagine being a soldier's wife. They are so brave and so strong.



After we came home from the musuem, we watched movies, cooked, and played video games. It was a wonderful time, and Rick and Keith got to do one of their many fantasy football drafts together while the women cooked. Lily, Katie, and I made three types of homemade pizza (sausage and caramelized onion, chicken alfedo, and pepperoni), caesar salad, and fruit, and we had funfetti cupcakes, frosted by the kids for dessert.


After the kids went to bed, the adults stayed up drinking, talking, and playing Scattergories. We laughed, ate too many leftovers, and just got to spend some quality time together. And, of course, Monday morning was met with a trip to the TTT for some Omar's favorite for breakfast. A visit from friends would not be complete without it! It was a great weekend, and I did not want to go back to work! Happy Labor Day, everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment