Tabs

10.10.2011

Amazing.

In less than two weeks, I am running the Ragnar relay with some of my closest friends, and some new friends. One of those new friends is an amazing runner. Simply put, but very much deserved, an amazing runner, and her name is Alex.



Alex has been running for a long time, run quite a few marathons, and has always done well. The past few races she has run, have been nothing short of amazing. She placed 2nd in the Seattle marathon in 2:52:32, and this past weekend she ran Chicago. Alex ran a full marathon in 2:45:26. That is a time of 6:19 per mile! She was the 19th fastest woman overall, placed 9th in her division, and qualified for the Olympic trials. Insane!

The best thing about Alex is she is humble, sweet, and doesn't talk about running 24/7. She has other interests, and enjoys just hanging out, and chatting about anything and everything. You wouldn't even know she was such a talented runner, unless you looked at her, of course. She just runs because she likes to, I am sure also because she is good at it, but she doesn't flaunt her times, act like she is better than everyone, or brag about her successes. She doesn't like to talk about her running much at all, even. She asks questions about your running because she is genuinely interested, and is always encouraging and a plethora of knowledge and advice. She is so inspiring, and such a wonderful person. I feel so lucky to have her on our Ragnar team! She will likely run all of her (much harder) legs faster put together, than I will run one of mine. I cannot wait to see what her next success will be, and I know I will be amazed by her then, as much as I am now. Go, Alex, Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment