Tabs

10.04.2011

October.

My favorite month is here!! I absolutely love October! Fall, Halloween, costume parties, eating soup for dinner, pumpkin spice lattes, and candy corn....Not to mention my sweet husband's 30th birthday! We are celebrating in Vegas this year with some of our closest friends, and partying it up big!

This weekend, to celebrate October and Fall, we started out our Friday night with a trip to the local Oktoberfest here in Tucson. It is held at Hi Corbett field, and seems to be a big event in Tucson.


This Oktoberfest did not compare to the real one we recently attended (posts on our trip soon, I promise), but it was nice to get out, enjoy the crisp, cool air, and watch the Coyote Country Cloggers perform. You heard that right!

The Coyote Country Cloggers

There was lots of food, German and otherwise, beer, and the 4th annual weiner dog races. We know how to do it in Tucson, baby.


After a fun evening out, the rest of the weekend was dedicated to getting our house decorated for Halloween!! I love decorating for any holiday, it just makes the house seem so much more warm and welcoming. I ate candy corn by the handful, lit a pumpkin pie scented candle, and let myself get excited to see the leaves change and riding my beach cruiser to the nearest bar and grill for dinner without sweating to death. Welcome, Fall! You have been missed, and your arrival much anticipated.


p.s. To those of you that are interested, I still have not run... still don't want to... still think it's stupid and the worst idea ever... still do not want to run the Ragnar in 2.5 weeks...but I did bring my running shoes to work to hit up the gym afterward... we shall see... If only eating candy corn by the pound made you fit and fabulous... *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment