Tabs

10.17.2011

Celebrate!

This weekend was a whirlwind to say the least! We celebrated my sweet husband's birthday twice, with my family and his family and friends. It is always wonderful to see what an awesome group of friends we have that will always come out to celebrate with us. After weekends like this, we really feel so blessed and lucky to have them in our lives.

On Friday night, we got up to Phoenix around 7 pm and were greeted by my entire family at my parents' house. My Mom had prepared an awesome feast for us (as always) including all homemade ramaki, bruschetta, chicken parmesan, sauce with pasta and meatballs and sausage, and a huge salad. She also made homemade chocolate cake for my Rick for dessert. My brother Mike was there with his girlfriend, Carissa, and her two kids who are 4 and 2 years old. Those kids are so adorable, we have all fallen in love with them completely. The boy, who is 2, ran around the house chasing after our huge German Shepherd, and the little girl was with me the entire time, sitting on my lap and saying the cutest things. Rick and I got a glimpse of what energy these children have, but it was so wonderful to be in a house with little ones running around.



My baby brother Stephen is getting married this April, and he finally got around to asking my brother and husband to be groomsman in the wedding. His fiancee Lauren asked her sister and I awhile ago, so excited! He iced them with Smirnoff ices wrapped in paper (Rick's had Jeff Gordon's on it, his absolute fav) saying "Congratulations on being a groomsman in the Bird/Burdorf wedding!" Cute. This wedding is going to be so fun. I can't wait!!



On Saturday, Rick and I headed over to Rick's parents to get ready for his birthday BBQ that night. His Mom prepared various Italian treats from sausage with peppers and onions, to meatballs, bruschetta, and cookies. We brought some chips and dip and a cheese and meat platter. All day long people came and went, and the boys worked on a homemade double beer pong table with an automatic ball washer that they will bring with them to NASCAR this year. It really turned out perfect, and is almost ready for November 13th.



I had a wonderful time chatting with my girlfriends all night, and Rick's friends got him some lovely gifts.

On Sunday we woke up and headed over to my brother Mike's new house that he just moved into with his girlfriend and her two babies. It is so nice, and perfect for him for a first home. He really did a great job fixing it up, he got it for an amazing price, and I am so proud of him! After we finished visiting, we went over to my dear friend Randi and her husband Kevin's new house. It is so beautiful, gigantic, and perfect for them and their three adorable girls. Their littlest has always been a little shy, but she has come out of her shell and was totally in love with Rick. She kept having him hold her, and she would give him eskimo kisses, and hug him so tight. It was so sweet. I love that family so much. Randi has been one of my closest friends for over 15 years, and a bridesmaid in my wedding.



We also went over to Randi's little sister, Lindsay's new house to visit and see her new baby Aiden. He was born two months ago and is just perfect. We visited, ate cupcakes, and watched football. It was so nice to be around people I have missed lately, and feel at home with.



We drove back to Tucson after our visits, we had to get Rick ready for a business trip he is taking to Florida this upcoming week. I have to get ready for the Ragnar relay race we are running in Vegas this weekend, and I am all alone all week! I am so ready for this race to be over!! I have not gotten back into enjoying running since my trip to Europe. I am excited, however, to stay at the Paris hotel, and party for my husband's 30th birthday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment