Tabs

10.07.2011

Movies.

Many people I know may think that I have a sick sense of humor, and enjoy the oddest things. The enjoyment of such things has been exacerbated by the people that I love, and the people that enjoy such things with me. These things I am talking about are scary movies. I talking, sick, disgusting, movies, and movies so scary you want to cry. I love love love them! But- I will only watch the scary ones around Halloween, so I can get the full effect of terror from viewing such films. The sick movies are good for year-round enjoyment.

The last few years I have been obsessed with the Paranormal Activity films. My dear friend Ashley and I watch the previews at work during the day and are freaked out, and we make a night out of seeing it on a cold October evening.  The last two years we have gone together, with our husbands, to watch these films after a yummy dinner where we allow ourselves to get all worked up with excitement over what this film may bring. The first one was so good- Ashley and I were entangled in one another in the seat, holding hands, and I think at one point I was biting her knee I was so terrified. After the film, my husband and I went out for a drink because we did not want to go home to a dark, quiet house so soon. I do not think I slept a wink that night, and even the heat turning on made me jump.




Last year, we all went together again. I thought the second one was so much scarier than the first. There was a point in the movie that I actually started to cry I was so scared. I shut my eyes and just repeated, "please, please, please!", I wanted the movie to be over. I couldn't take it. That is a good scary movie. I cannot wait for this month's release of 'Paranormal Activity 3'! I know it will not disappoint, I have prepared my friend Ashley to have me in her lap the entire time. I hope they keep releasing these films every year, the anticipation is almost as fun as the movies!

Many people have watched the films at home, saying that it wasn't scary, that I'm such a baby, etc. I understand not everyone thinks the same things are scary, but I explain you have to go into the movie wanting to be scared, expecting to be scared, on the edge of your seat from the very beginning. That is what makes it a great experience, a Halloween-worthy experience.




I love going to haunted houses and corn mazes. I love running from a guy in a mask carrying a chainsaw though a dimly lit hallway with no idea what is on the other side. We once went to a haunted house with our friends Joe and Jill, and the next morning I woke up covered in bruises and sore from running, falling, and Jill and I jumping on top of each other. That is an experience we will always share, and we still talk about it.

Today was a day that got me full of excitement!! My sweet husband and our friends had a viewing party last year for the film 'The Human Centipede' at our house. We made food, drank beer, and sat around laughing at this insane and twisted, dark film. It was so much fun! Well, today I found out that the 'Human Centipede 2' is showing at the Loft Cinema here in Tucson starting October 28th!! Not only will we get to watch the film with all of our friends on a huge screen, but they serve beer, wine, and pizza at the theater! Rick and I enjoy so much when everyone comes down, crams into our house, crash out on air mattresses, beds, and couches, and we drink, cook, and laugh and make great memories. It is always a great time with these people, and I know Halloween weekend will not disappoint! I love this time of year, and the people that share it with me make it all the more wonderful.


No comments:

Post a Comment