Tabs

10.06.2011

Carousel.

I love Paris in the spring time
I love Paris in the fall
I love Paris in the winter when it drizzles
I love Paris in the summer when it sizzles

I love Paris every moment
Every moment of the year
I love Paris, why oh why do I love Paris
Because my love is here
~Frank Sinatra

I found myself singing this song under my breath as we were walking the streets of Paris a few short weeks ago. Of all the places we visited, Paris was my favorite. It was just... magical. Whimsical. Beautiful. The buildings were perfection, the views breathtaking, the Eiffel Tower surreal. It is also the place where fashion week was held last, I just missed it.

I have been perusing the Internet watching the various collections that were presented during Paris fashion week, and one just took my breath away. Louis Vuitton, by designer Marc Jacobs.

Once the audience had been shown to their seats by assistants dressed in pristine white shirt dresses, aprons, lace gloves and ballet pumps, the show began with the unveiling of a traditional fairground carousel, with 48 horses rising and falling as it spun. This being Paris fashion week, the horses were liveried in chic white-on-white, the gaudy flashing lights replaced by creamy fairy ones.




One by one, the 48 models riding on the horses stepped off, and took a promenade around the set. The clothes came in the refined pastel shades of Ladurée macaroons: lemon and apricot, vanilla and pistachio. Girlishly full-skirts replaced last season's hotpants; long hair was secured with delicate tiaras rather than those dominatrix ponytails.





Kate Moss closed the show - demurely dressed, in a sequined and feathered broderie anglaise dress with sedate court shoes.


Inspiration, said the designer after the show, came to him as he walked through the Tuileries gardens in spring, admiring the famous carousel there. "It's just so beautiful, and so … Paris," he said.

I must agree... as photos taken from my own camera on my recent trip to Paris show, inspiration and beauty lie around every corner. Ahhh.... I love Paris. All the time.



No comments:

Post a Comment