Tabs

10.31.2011

Weekend.

Another fun filled weekend has come and gone... we did some relaxing, but most of it was go, go, go....

On Friday I had kind of a rough day, so after work, instead of bootcamp, I headed to get a pedicure. It was a really good one, although I felt bad for the nail technician because my feet are not so great after all this running!!

After Rick got home from work, we went out to one of our favorite Vietnamese restaurants, had some beers, and Rick had Pho. He loves Pho, and gets it extra spicy. I had some amazing hot and sour soup and their grilled beef with a salad. Delish! We both finished everything we ordered, and went home watch some of our favorite shows, Modern Family, and The League.... boring, I know, but we were still exhausted from the previous Vegas/Ragnar weekend.


The next morning I got up early to cook, we had invited over our neighbors Katie and Josh for breakfast. I made homemade pumpkin spice pancakes with pecan syrup, scrambled eggs with cheese, and veggie sausages. They turned out really delicious and we had a great time catching up with them!


Later, we went and ran errands, did some shopping, and had lunch at this Greek place that had amazing gyros!!

Don't you just love my new beanie?!?


That evening, we went to dinner with our good friends, Ashley and Ricardo, at Monkey Burger, this wonderful gourmet burger place. They have the best burgers, fries, and dipping sauces!! I had the Madness burger because I was in the mood for spicy! It had Jalapeno slices · Shredded Lettuce · Pepper Jack Cheese · Fajita Peppers · Tabasco Scallion Aioli, with sweet potato fries! YUM!


After dinner we headed to see Paranormal Activity 3. It was not as scary as the first two, but had some unexpected twists and brought new terrifying ways to scare you to light. I was in Ashley's lap almost the entire time, my face buried in her shoulder, our hands holding super tight. She would tell me the parts I missed after I kept my eyes shut for too long and missed something. That is a good friend.


The next morning the strangest thing happened. That day I was planning on doing 8 miles... my schedule had 12, but I had not run that far in a long time, so I thought I would cut it short. I only brought my camelback and one gu, and ran towards the Julian wash by my house.


The Julian wash is part of "The Loop" in Tucson. The Loop is 55 miles of car-free paths being developed around metropolitan Tucson, with links to Marana and Oro Valley, for Pima County residents and visitors on foot, bikes, skates and horses. The Loop connects the Rillito River Park, the Santa Cruz River Park, the Julian Wash Greenway, the Harrison Greenway and the Pantano River Park.  It will connect to parks, trails, bus and bike routes, workplaces, schools, restaurants, hotels and motels, shopping areas, and sports and entertainment venues.

Pretty awesome, huh!? Julian Wash picks up right around 2.3 miles from my house, so I was just gonna take that and go 4 miles, and head back. But- I got to four miles, and thought, I'll go to the end of Julian wash, which would make it about 10 miles round trip. I walked a little when I got a side cramp, wasn't too stressed about time, I had my one gu about 6 miles in, and just enjoyed the scenery and the breeze when it would blow through. It was hot otherwise, probably about 80*.


I hit 10 miles, and then decided I would do the 12 on my plan, what's 2 more miles?? By the time I hit twelve, I checked my watch, and I still had a great pace... I thought hey- let's see how fast I can do 13.1... so, I did. And I got a PR! Seriously, who would ever have thought I would run 13.1 for no reason at all, without stressing, walking a little, not eating anything special the day/night before, not having enough gu, and in 80* heat? Not this gal. Anything over 75* is so uncomfortable for me. Sub 2 hour half marathon, here I come!!

But- this upcoming weekend is an 18 miler.... seems like so much more. Oy. But- I must not have given it all I had, because I came home, cleaned the house, went grocery shopping, and cooked dinner. That has never happened after a half marathon before, either. All those sessions with Ray must be paying off! I love when the runs get up there, because I can eat all I want and not feel bad about it. Halloween candy, here I come!!


Happy Halloween, everyone!! My scary movie loving bestie and I are ballerinas!!


Tonight, Rick and I are hanging at the neighbors', eating, drinking, and handing out candy. Can't wait :)

No comments:

Post a Comment