Tabs

12.06.2011

The 12 Dates of Christmas~ Dates 2 and 3.

My sweet husband and I continued our 12 dates of Christmas with another fun and relaxing weekend. On Friday night, we went on a double date night with our good friends and next door neighbors, Josh and Katie. We started with a delicious dinner at Zinburger- one of our favorites. I had the Samburger, which comes with bacon, thousand island (on the side},cheese, and I added a fried egg to it, with a side of their sweet potato fries. I also had a big dark beer, which is their closest version to Guinness.... yum! Zinburger never disappoints, and this meal was no exception.


We were all happily stuffed and went to go see the latest installment of Twilight at the theater. I LOVED it!! I thought the first half dragged on, and I thought Edward was kind of a wuss in this one, but the ending was rad, and I can't wait for the final film! {SPOILER} Bella is the most beautiful vampire, and I can't wait to see her kick ass. I don't think the boys were as impressed, but my sweet husband got through it without complaining. Our neighbor, Josh passed out in the first half hour, likely from his burgercoma and lack of wolf on vampire fighting action. Sorry bud, this episode was all about Bella and Edward "doing it".

The next morning I woke up and headed straight out for pedicures with Katie. We had breakfast at Bruegger's and these worn, sad feet with one missing and one black toenail needed some TLC. I felt so bad for the guy fixing my feet I gave him a fat tip, and they were {almost} good as new. Miracle workers, I tell you...you can't even tell which one is missing and which one is black!



Rick did a long run while I was at the salon, and after he got back we got dressed and headed up to the Biosphere in way north Tucson, the site of my half this coming weekend. I always like to check out the race course so that I am not surprised with some horrific hill that wasn't on the race elevation chart {believe, me it does happen- Rick thinks they lie with promises of a flat or downhill course to get more people to pay to register, I think he is on to something}. 

 LIES!! All LIES!!! There are uphills on this course!

After we checked out the course, we had a small amount of time to get to our massage appointment. We both haven't had massages in a long time and with all this running, I was long overdue. I get these knots behind and along my shoulder blades, and my masseuse did an awesome job working them out. I was totally sore the next day, but felt a ton better.

After our glorious massages, we did some shopping and headed home. Rested up a bit, and then headed out to dinner at our favorite little Japanese/Vietnamese restaurant. Rick always gets pho, and I got a bbq chicken dish with vermicelli and salad all in one giant bowl. So good and filling. We ended the night with a movie on the couch, under the blankets with hot chocolate and bailey's and the Christmas tree lit up in the background. Two wonderful dates, one wonderful weekend.






1 comment:

  1. "Bella is the most beautiful vampire, and I can't wait to see her kick ass."

    I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete