Tabs

12.19.2011

Holidays and Date #6.

This weekend we headed up to Phoenix to attend the 6th annual Ugly Christmas Sweater Party and to celebrate my Mommy's birthday with my family. On Friday we went up and hung out with Rick's parents and sister at his parents' house. His Mom made us a delicious dinner and Sam and Rick made their homemade ugly Christmas sweaters for the next night. There were glitter, hot glue guns, old family ornaments, and photos of friends strategically placed to make amazing sweaters.

Saturday morning Rick headed out to hit golf balls with his friend Travis and I went to run my longest run in a long time. 19 miles is as hard as you would expect it to be! It was fine, I did it... but running for 3 hours straight really takes a lot out of you. My friend Ann and I were talking later that night about how much time it really takes to train for a marathon. With full time jobs that have us leave for work and get home with little daylight to spare really puts a damper on training. Think how fast we would be if we could run whenever the weather was right and the mood struck! But- I now have two weeks off of work that allows me to run whenever I feel like it, any time of day, and for that, I am excited.

After I recovered from my run and Rick went to the grocery store, we made our treats for the sweater party and  headed out. Travis and Brielle hosted another wonderful and memorable Ugly Sweater Christmas Party. It was full of laughs, celebrations, hilarious sweaters, good food, delicious drinks, and best friends. We always look forward to this party, and wouldn't miss it.



The next morning we went to brunch with my parents, brother Mike and Carissa, and the babies to celebrate my Mommy's birthday. After that we headed home, and Rick and I had our 6th date of our 12 dates of Christmas, complete with pizza, hot chocolate, and a movie cuddled in bed. One of my favorite dates yet... and only four more days until we are back up for Christmas! I am so excited, it is the most wonderful time of the year!

2 comments:

  1. Love all those faces and ugly sweaters... wish I cuold have been there! But seriously love, 19 miles?!? You are a rockstar!

    ReplyDelete