Tabs

12.16.2011

Gift Exchange.

Every year we have a gift card exchange/happy hour with Rick's friends from Raytheon. Our friend Kyle hosts it and makes a trivia game from events of the past year and also supplies the prizes- a bunch of gift cards he has obtained from the year and also bought himself. It's always a fun time, and great to see everyone. Kyle's generous gifts don't hurt either ;)
Unfortunately, Rick has been feeling under the weather this past week, and was just not up for a night out. We hung at home, packed for our weekend in Phoenix, and had dinner. We were getting texts from some people at the party, telling us the funny things that were happening. It was sad to miss it.
After the happy hour was over, Kyle called and came by to deliver some goods. He brought us a huge plate of cookies his Mom had baked for us, and some homemade chocolate toffee, of which I ate probably 4 pieces in 5 minutes.


Kyle also brought Rick the new Call of Duty game, and we gave him a new Nike dri-fit long sleeve shirt he can wear running. He told me he had ordered my gift and it was on its way... only gave me some hints: it was a gift card, from a store not in Tucson, to buy gear for running my marathon, and he had never heard of it until Rick told him about it. Hmmmmmmmm............


Oh, and thank you Kyle, because the PlayStation is hooked up in my bedroom, I got to fall asleep to the sounds of war and frustration as my husband played his new video game late in to the night. Good thing I didn't have to work in the morning. Oh- wait....


No comments:

Post a Comment